Creativity isn't born, it's cultivated
What exactly is creativity? Indeed, there are a number of ways you can define the word “creativity”. However, the most modest way to define this mysterious element that is shared by all people is the fact that creativity is the ability of the person’s mind to acquire facts, materials, and/or ideas and distinguish them in a distinctive manner or way. It is a unique point of view, a fresh idea and/or a new way on looking at a certain problem.
In today’s ever-growing and changing world, creativity is no longer optional. In fact, it's absolutely essential for your success in the modern world. Mastering your creative thinking will help you to reach new heights in your career, your business, your art, finances and in your relationships with others.
Responding to the challenges of the twenty-first century – with its complex environmental, social and economic pressures – requires people to be creative, innovative, enterprising and adaptable, with the motivation, confidence and skills to use creative thinking purposefully.
This includes combining parts to form something original, sifting and refining ideas to discover possibilities, constructing theories and objects, and acting on intuition. The products of creative endeavour can involve complex representations and images, investigations and performances, digital and computer-generated output, or occur as virtual reality.
There are some people who naturally have the skills, while others need to practice and learn about it first before they can take advantage of it. Being able to think creatively is very important, especially if you want to become successful in your career or in your whole life. However, only some people get to realize this fact.
Creativity can be triggered with specific things, especially when the person involved has the natural ability to do so. For a person with some natural creative thinking skills, it naturally occurs even if he or she is not well aware of it.
The Characteristics of a creative habit:
* Gives you energy.
* Holds your interest.
* Gives you the freedom to make mistakes and see them as learning experiences.
* Challenges your thoughts, stretches your imagination, and generates new discoveries and problem-solving ideas.
* Increases your self-confidence and self- acceptance.
Things to remember:
* Creativity needs practice to grow into a habit.
* When are creative you feel free. When you feel free you have an open mind that allows others the freedom of being creative. This makes you attractive and, very often, irresistible.
* Creativity and Joy are twins.
What you'll learn in this book:
* Understand what creative thinking techniques are
* Develop your own, new, creativity techniques
* Make your ideas take shape in the real world
* Use high-impact, creativity techniques
* Tap into your most original thinking, regularly and on demand
* Make new connections in your mind that result in amazing ideas
* Brainstorm, analyze and evaluate innovative ideas and solutions
* Unlock creative solutions and skills of which you were previously unaware
* Learn how to apply the methods and tools to generate ideas for improving areas of your own performance
and many more...